What exactly is Neurostar Advanced Therapy, often known as TMS?
During a session of treatment with the NeuroStar system, a magnet with a strength comparable to that of a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine is used to stimulate nerve cells in the region of the brain that is known to be responsible for regulating mood. These magnetic pulses may have a beneficial influence on the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain, so making it feasible to achieve long-term remission.
The treatment process with Neurostar Advanced Therapy is Straightforward:
- Your primary care provider’s office is the location of your therapy appointments.
- You are free to resume your regular activities straight away.
- You are awake during treatment.
- Memory is not affected, nor is sleep quality affected negatively.
- It is included in the coverage of the majority of medical insurance programs, including Medicare and Tricare.
The benefits of a NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS) session include:
- Targeted brain regions receive focused magnetic stimulation before treatment.
- A clicking sound will be heard, and a tapping feeling will be felt on your skull.
What to anticipate from a session of NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS) is as follows:
- Immediately, you can get back to business as usual.
- You can safely drive yourself to and from your therapy sessions because there will be no impairment to your concentration or recall.
- NeuroStar TMS Therapy in-office sessions typically last between 19 and 37 minutes.